Several religions, including ancestor worship, Catholicism, Protestantism, and Islam, cohabit peacefully.
In Antananarivo, there are religious services in foreign languages.
Services in foreign languages are scheduled at fixed hours for some denominations.
- Catholic: Andohalo Cathedral, Faravohitra and Ankadivato churches
- Reformed church: International Parish of Andohalo
- Adventist: Francophone Adventist church, Rue Rainandriamampandry
- Orthodox: Dormition Church of the Mother of God, Behoririka
- Evangelical: International Evangelical church, Behoririka
- Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter days’ Saints: Main church at Andrainarivo
- Sunni Mosque: at Ambatonakanga
- Khoja mosques: at Ankorondrano and Tsaralalana
- Bohra mosques: at Anosizato and Behoririka
- Aga Khan mosque: at Andohan’Analakely.