Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro with Migration Expedition Africa
At Migration Expedition Africa, we are an incoming tour operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. We offer mountain climbing, wildlife safaris, accommodation, transfers and day trips to Tanzania. We specialize in tailor-made safaris and mountain climbing to the top destinations in Tanzania e.g. Mt Kilimanjaro, Serengeti National park, Ngorongoro Crater, Tarangire, Ruaha National park, and Selous Game Reserve as well as beach holidays.
Migration Expedition Africa is a family-run company with more than 11 years’ experience. With the expertise of our staff, we can offer customized itineraries for families, corporate teams, and groups. We guarantee the personal touch to all our guests.
We believe that no matter how great a place is, only an experienced travel expert can help you discover its unique and amazing qualities. Our guides work with great passion, discipline and knowledge. They show you the best of Tanzania. They enable you to enjoy it with all your senses.
Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro.
Migration Expedition Africa is an expert in climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. The mythical summit of Africa is not only the highest peak of the continent. It is also the tallest free-standing mountain in the world, rising in breathtaking isolation from the surrounding coastal scrubland to 5,895 m / 19,336 ft above sea level.
Mount Kilimanjaro is composed of three distinct volcanic cones: Kibo - the highest one -, Mawenzi at 5,149 m / 16,893 ft, and Shira at 4,005 m / 13,140 ft. Uhuru Peak is the highest summit on Kibo's crater rim. Mount Kilimanjaro is famous for its eternal snows in an equatorial country. The ice cap of Kibo is however shrinking so that one can expect that most of the ice on Kilimanjaro will disappear by 2040.
Mount Kilimanjaro (Kibo), Tanzania.
There are several Mount Kilimanjaro climbing routes:
1. The Marangu Route (64 km / 40 mi), also known as the "Tourist Route" or "Coca-Cola Route" is the most popular route to Kilimanjaro. It is one of the less scenic itineraries since the ascent and descent routes are the same. It is the only one that offers sleeping huts, which serve beverages like Coca-Cola, on the way. It takes 5 or 6 days.
2. The Machame Route (49 km / 30 mi), nicknamed the "Whiskey Route" in comparison to the "Coca Cola Route", is a more difficult route. However, it is one of the most scenic routes. It is the second most popular Kilimanjaro route. It does not offer sleeping huts for accommodation. It takes 6 or 7 days.
3. The Rongai Route (65 km / 40 mi) is the only route that approaches Kilimanjaro from the north, near the Kenyan border. Rongai's ascent profile is very similar to that of Marangu. It is one of Kilimanjaro's easiest routes. The climb to the top is gradual and steady. However, unlike Marangu, this route has low crowds and passes through remote wilderness areas. It is probably the only route where seeing wildlife in the first days is possible. There a different options to complete the climb in 5, 6, or 7 days.
4. The Lemosho Route (56 km / 35 mi) is a new route to Mount Kilimanjaro. It starts from the west side of the mountain. It is a difficult and long route. It is one of the most favorite routes of reputable Kilimanjaro climbers due to its smaller crowds, scenic variety and high success rates. It takes 8 or 9 days.
5. The Shira Route is a difficult route that begins in the west, at Shira Gate. What is unique about Shira is that the first section of the trail is not hiked, but rather driven. Therefore, climbers miss out on hiking up one of Kilimanjaro ecological zones, the rain forest.
6. The Umbwe Route (37 km / 23 mi) is the least crowded and the most difficult Kilimanjaro route. Umbwe is a steep, constant, straight climb to the top.
Northern circuit safaris.
The itinerary of the northern circuit includes typically Lake Manyara National Park, Serengeti National Park, Olduvai Gorge and Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Eyasi and Tarangire National Park. A full circuit can last about 10 days.
Wildebeest migration at Mara River in Serengeti National Park.
| Best Reasons to Travel with Migration Expedition Africa. |
• Customer satisfaction.
• Expert tour consultants.
• Our price is effectiveness.
• We can finally represent your brand.
• Experienced and expert driver guides.
• Customized safaris and tours specialists.
• We work with most up-to-date 4×4 extended Toyota Land Cruise.
Read more and book your trip at Migration Expedition Africa.